PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Loss
Thread: RAF Loss
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 11:45
WPH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Endurance Event In Ant's memory

PPruners,

Jo Kilkenny is running the 147 mile Viking Way (in one go) in memory of Ant and is raising money for the RAF Benevolent Fund.

She writes:

"The Viking Way Ultra is a 147mile race that is starting on 7th April and runs from Humber Bridge to Oakham. It is a non stop race and has a cut off of 40 hours.
34 runners, including myself, have been selected to participate in this tough event organised by Mark Cockbain, an accomplished Ultrarunner himself.

I am doing this race in memory of Squadron Leader Anthony Downing who was the RAF serviceman who died of injuries sustained in Afghanistan over christmas. Ant was a a good friend and a talented endurance athlete. I met him when I crewed at the Enduroman Double Ironman in 2009 and was lucky enough to have him in my life. Anyone who knew him would describe him as a gent. He was a kind, generous and modest guy who lived life to the full and whose only weakness was the copious amounts of tea he drank, his only addiction.....he normally couldn't open his eyes in the morning til he had his first cuppa which always made me laugh!"

You can sponsor her at virgin money giving.

Check out the authenticity of the event on the RAF Benevolent Fund website.

Please give generously.

Well done Jo.

WPH

Last edited by WPH; 27th Mar 2012 at 11:42.