PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Falklands' Most Daring Raid'
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 11:15
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you fly a military attack aircraft from whatever service and you are in fear of running out of fuel, having to ditch in a hostile area or environment then are you in the right job?

This mission was highly complex but at the end of the day the crew did EXACTLY what they trained for, what they were paid for and what they volunteered for.

I salute them for doing it but if they had refused then I would like to think that a) Others would very quickly have taken their place

b) Their refusal to carry out a lawful command would be looked at by their senior officers.

As others have said it is silly to compare mission 'x' with mission 'z' and we should all applaud everyone that is prepared to put their lives on the line when it comes to carrying out their duty.

If the title of the documentary had been 'The Falklands Most Audacious Mission' or even the 'Most Complex Mission' then I am positive there would be applause from every corner in recognition of what was achieved, but the instant self praise, or even a nomination for an exemplary act of 'Daring, do' is put onto any forum, then it will draw criticism.

Respect for all those that took part in that conflict and double respect for those that flew over, walked over, or sailed into, or under so called 'enemy' territory.