PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 09:53
Barling Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Silver-Boris never had a chance. It is purely part of a political game of smoke and mirrors to ensure that Boris gets re-elected. I'm really surprised that the government has let its "we're all in this together" mask slip so badly with Osborne's budget boosting wealth and privilege at the expense of the squeezed middle and the elderly. Add to this the sleaziness of Cruddas and the nasty party is revealing itself again. With the Lib-Dems ruined for a generation that means Labour are the only alternative government - and what a shower they currently are. They did at least support a third runway at LHR, but dumped it once they sensed it was unpopular with marginal constituencies - although I guess the same could be said for Cameron. Depressing.....

On the other hand Northolt could fulfil the role I speculated about a few weeks ago, both as a stand alone LoCo airport and as a transfer point for passengers from the UK regions who wouldn't object to a short journey to LHR in order to benefit fromt he hub connections. But maybe Amsterdam has got too much of a stranglehold on this now......

For the moment let's sit back and enjoy the growth of the new Southend Airport from next Monday. Real jet airliners climbing out over the Thames Estuary, not some architect's dream.....