PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 26th Mar 2012, 07:11
On the Straight and Level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another thought......

If the EU drag their feet any longer on this or require ridiculous concessions with regard to slot divestment. Could IAG simply say, ok rather than incorporate BMI into BA, we'll go with plan B and set BMI up as a BA Express, despite what the BA pilots voted on.

I know its certainly far from what BA pilots want but in terms of people's jobs and futures, it would probably mean that with the ensuing expansion within a BA Express, all BMI Group pilots could be employed rather than some/all facing possible redundancy?

I know many within the BMI Group (but mainly outside of Mainline) would rather be on Vuelling terms than unemployed.

As far as I see it, just because KW has given the BA pilots the option of a vote on the potential future, does not mean that U-turns can not be performed as the IAG management deem fit.

If this was to occur would there need to be any slot divestment whatsoever as the new Company and slots would be in IAGs portfolio and not BA's, therefore meeting the EUs monopoly concerns. After all, we don't count Iberia's slots within BA's do we.

As I say, another way of skinning this cat while it's still worth something!