PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 26th Mar 2012, 05:45
Nevermind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest that all BMI pilots consult with their CC to ascertain exactly what is meant by "negotiate" with BA. I do this not to cause trouble but to simply ask the people who represent you to be honest about what you can expect when BA "consults" with you - a very different word.

Aside from my earlier (and more relevant) point about the difficulties associated with the deal actually going through, BMI pilots need to be fully aware of what the takeover means for them.

Otherwise there may be much resentment and anger ahead. Simply because the BACC is doing it's job - representing the interests of it members.

In an excellent fashion over these last difficult few years I might add.

I hope the BMI CC have been as informative in their comms as the BACC have. They had be, to get us to vote in favour.

Google can provide you with plenty of info that you WANT to read, but I would suggest it it is the job of your reps to tell you what TUPE actually means. Or the Veuling type alternative mentioned earlier.

Again, I emphasise that I am not trying to wind anyone up. Just ask everyone to be fully informed by their Reps, so that unrealistic expectations do not lead to anger and resentment - and yes,that applies to both sets of crew.