PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 23:50
rjtjrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baswell, Shagpile, et al.
With regard to getting your excellent iPAD program onto other platforms (eg Android) I just came across, on another forum, this announcement from the Anywhere Map owner, regarding getting his program onto tablet computers.

"We had a huge investment in the Windows environment, and after a few false starts at rewriting our code for the iPad we decided that this was going to be a huge project... and what about Android and how to support our existing customers on all their Windows based devices?
About a year ago, the perfect solution became clear. We found a true multi-platform development tool that allows us to write applications for a generic tablet, and then deploy that code to any one of several different specific devices, such as Android, IOS, Windows, Symbian, and the list goes on. Naturally I was rather suspicious, and I reasonably assumed that this would result in slow pigware, not the user experience that we wanted to push. After we wrote a test app, those fears were proven wrong. The beauty of this approach to supporting the iPad and Android markets is that we will actually wind up ENHANCING our Windows users experience at the same time!"

So are you aware of the "true multi-platform development tool " and would it be of any help in getting you onto the Android area on the ground floor?

John