PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1000 hour pilot...now what?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 22:03
danbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh...sorry...one more thing to add before I get some more replies (hopefully...thanks to all who have);
Whom or what is some P2F options really hurting? As far as I can tell, if the aircraft is substantial enough (BE1900 v. PA34) and the operation only is ticketed for single pilot, the only person that it takes from is the one paying for it. It helps small 135 operstors, and keeps guys on track. It is not like [for example] the fact that I paid for my own BE1900 type and 250+ hours PIC in the airplane drove down the pay or benefits for ANYONE else in the industry. I'm not saying all P2F schemes are good, it is just that flight instruction is not for everyone or always the best answer. I personally would not trade those hard 250 hours on the line with the 1900 for 250 hours instructing PPL or CPL students. Being a CFI is wonderful for those who take pleasure in it, or learn from it. God knows I love to teach as well (taught arabs how to work on their brand new F-16s for two years), but being a CFI is all people on PPRuNe seem to advocate to build time properly.