PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACPA would like to cut pension of retirees
Old 25th Mar 2012, 12:07
Maple Leafs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I Close or way off the mark here?

Some questions ALL CANADIANS should be asking because this is a CANADIAN problem not just an Air Canada Industrial problem.

How much of a pension holiday has Air Canada Management taken in the last 20 years? I don’t think they are keeping up their pension contributions so the pension has become a liability. The money that was supposed to go to pensions was used to pay off debts overseas or used in compensation to Management.

If anyone has a pension in Canada, you run the threat of losing it, except the Canadian Government of Course.

How much money is Air Canada Management siphoning out of Canada each year? Is Air Canada Management being paid to keep these overseas payments to other large corporations?

If Air Canada Management get their way, how many jobs will leave Canada? Have they just moved their maintenance out of the country?

Ask yourself why? It’s so that Air Canada Management can line their own pockets with MILLIONS of CANADIAN DOLLARS and after 3-5 years leave to some nice sunny climate while Canadians are left jobless.

Air Canada Management doesn’t care about Air Canada or Canadian jobs, they are there to get as much money as possible for themselves and leave. They don’t care if Air Canada is left in better or worse shape after their tenure. It’s all about taking as much money for themselves as possible.

And this is being done with the sanction of the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT.

All working class Canadians should be in an uproar about this. This is just not an Air Canada Industrial Relations problem; it’s a Canadian problem by allowing Big Canadian Corporations to outsource Canadian jobs to line their own pockets.

Everyone should be talking to their local government official and ask if this is acceptable to move Canadian jobs overseas.

Sounds like a good investigating piece for W5 or at least a good rant on the Rick Mercer Report.

I’m surprised this is not all over the paper but all I see is that the Employees are the bad guys and we have Canadians spitting in the faces of their own Countrymen or Countrywomen without prosecution. I wonder if that Gentleman is a government official doing the spitting?

What has this country become?

Am I close or way off the mark here?

Good luck