PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Mar 2012, 11:48
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand guys, not personal as such; I understand the frustration of needing to know, but if you have not heard bad news within about 2 weeeks or so then you have a good chance of being accepted.

If you do get a "you passed" email; then you still have to have your position "signed off/finalised" and also have to go to fleet assignment dept. So this all takes time..... this is what I amoungst other on this thread have explained more than once.

Yes, you need to plan your life, but if you expect anything to move quickly or be convienient or smooth then you may be in for a shock. Things work differently here, and this is what people who are not here dont understand untill you get here!

I am not saying that you are trying to move in front of anybody, its the company priority that comes first..... they need CPT, F/O's and the Fast Track S/O....... THEN normal S/O's!
So what I am explaining is that in the order of things, generally you will have to wait longer for an answer than if your a hiring priority. Not trying to put anyone down! Just trying to give you an insight into the workings of this place.

Also, consider, that once they give you the ok, your now being processed by a large number of dept's..... once again they will not give you a start date untill they have co-ordinated (used loosley) with other dept's for your training scheduals etc. So when you start getting emails then expect the process to happen within about 2-4months from acceptance to start date.

Hope this clarifies for you guys..... Good luck, apply, but dont hold on to one thing....... plenty of people here with alot of experience were on hold files for 2 years+ , so waiting 2 months is nothing special.

assalam alaykum