PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 07:48
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine them having a poor yield
Imagine, imagine that the market was so plentiful that everybody has good supply of passengers, and each carriers makes a good return.

The fact is nobody outside of the senior people in baby know what the yield is. A few weeks of improved loads do not spell out that baby is making any reutrn at Belfast City Airport, and a while the numbers have improved on Stansted and Amsterdam, there certainly don't appear to be where they need to be and based on the type of fares they are offering (very attractive), it would appear that the yield certainly is not breaking any records. Then again the market is crowded. However, the competition have deep pockets and it was never going to be a smooth ride.

If demand is so strong, why is it that the comparative price on baby to Malaga, Faro etc is so so much cheaper, even when we consider that a portion of seats are allocated to travel agents baby still charging rock bottom on many dates, suggests to me that the demand is not as high as it would appear.

Finally, to me the least of Bmibaby's worries at this time is whether the BHD base is working or not, the fact that the no deal has been concluded by now March 25th (for the sale of) is a big area for concern.

Good luck to one and all concerned. Me, I remain to be convinced that Belfast City is working or remotely close to working in a commercial sense for them.

EI-BUD