PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 06:19
THE ORACLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I saw JetGo's EMB Jet sitting in the Eastern Park at Mascot. What struck me was how similar their choice of livery was to that of the REX Saab parked nearby.

Any one care to make a "conspiracy theory" comment in this regard?

And dear "Spring" I was quite amused by what I think was a somewhat introspective remark from you concerning 'all the negative comments from you so called experts'.

As one of the posters in your 'sights' with a critical opinion of JetGo's long term prospects, I offer you the following quote from the Nobel Prize winning physicist and father of quantum mechanics and it's uncertainty principle, Dr. Werner Heisenberg - "An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be made in his subject, and how to avoid them."

As I said in my earlier thread on 16th January, in order to succeed, JetGo needs to offer a service that is both attractive to their proposed customers and more price competitive than other competitors in their target market.

Unless JetGo own their assets outright and have a huge cash surplus to lose while they fight for a share of their market, they will ultimately be outpriced by the current market players due to the well documented and unsustainable high costs of operating 37 to 50 seat regional jets against turboprops over sector lengths of less than 400 nautical miles.

Should they choose not to fight against turbo's in the sub 400NM markets and instead seek FIFO work servicing clients at ranges between 400NM to 600NM (where EMB/CRJ DOC's can be cost effective), they will then be attempting to compete in markets suitable to 70 to 100 seat Jets such as the F70 and F100. Ultimately these larger operators will be more cost competitive with their greater economies of scale (1 crew change movement of the Fokker or Bae/RJ 70/100) compared with the 2 crew change movements required by the EMB Jet).

The Oracle