PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 05:34
baggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's actually a good contract!

Hi again just wanted to add a further update to my previous post and address some of the statements above.
i was talking to a few of my friends in Astana over the last couple of weeks and they were telling me that the contacts have changed again, now they are open in flaunting their disregard for the origional contract. The Ass that was the rosterer has now apparently moved up in management and now is compounding his hate for pilots from a greater height; I wander if the pilot that was humping his missus will ever quite know the damage to this man since he found out.
Anyway sorry i digress i asked one guy, now that the contract has changed was he happier to be working there and his reply was and i quote.
"No it's still **** just a different stick thats all"
With regard to the statements made above. The Airbus guys and by this i mean FO's that i am talking to say they are thoroughly sick of it but they can't get jobs elsewhere because of the situation in europe at the moment.
And as for filtering out the cowboys unfortunately they aren't filtering out the right people as the expats are mainly, as i saw it a good professional bunch, it's the cowboy locals that they can't do anything about as they have that corrupt union thing going on as i understand.
So you have local captains that bought the english level 4 in russia and clearly can't speak it. you have local FO's that wear 4 bars cos they were captain of something resembling the size and class of a piper cub in the long distant past and they want everyone to know they are better than the expats, the only way they can cos they bought their level 4's to.
now don't get me wrong there is a few core really professional Locals but not enough to sway the situation i think

anyway enough i'll finish