PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 25th Mar 2012, 00:59
skip.rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Stall

"Final comment", etc. acknowledged.

Notwithstanding that this all becomes irrelevant if the EU blocks the deal;

In the end it was decided you've got to be in it to win it, and the Cityflyer pilots are now firmly established in the BA community.
- Couldn't agree more.

I would have thought that when most CityFlyer pilots were tagged onto the bottom they still enjoyed a pay rise. Let's leave aside the absence of a whole bunch of LHR slots being brought in. I could be wrong, but it appears that the choice being offered is to be ring fenced, salary frozen (for most for between 10-20 years) & with very little opportunity of enjoying any of the benefits of being "fully" intergrated, or go to the bottom of the list & work up;- the isssue is that for many a large (circa £20-30K) pay cut being the price for that privilege. Given that choice I don't think many could justify that sacrifice to themselves, let alone their families.
I don't think many would argue that the 'ring fenced' option remotely resembles being (as you described) "in it".

(once again, this could all become irrelevant.)

I would be genuinely interested in your choice & the reasons for it given the above.