PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2012, 13:50
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello James

At the last consultative committee meeting in January the CEO, Robert Sinclair, told members that the three stands under construction would be completed in April.

He also said that work on extending the passenger security search area was proceeding and it was proposed to develop a new immigration channel to provide additional capacity.

Since then it has been announced a contractor has been appointed as civil and structural designer for the extension of the terminal which will eventually be doubled in size. This contract relates to the western extension.

Unless there has been a hitch previous announcements have indicated that we might expect to see work starting on the airport hotel sometime this year.

So far as based/overnighting aircraft are concerned I think you've pretty well got the list correct - it's basically the same as last summer except for the Eastern Saab which replaces the Dash 8-300.

Ryanair's timetable for the summer requires five based aircraft, though there are one or two gaps where aircraft appear to be 'resting' as there were last summer. I'm assuming that easyJet will be as last summer too, 9 A319s and one A320 (that's what it's been during the winter, though not all were used all of the time, and what Mayfly is showing for next week, the first week of the summer scheduled timetable) with an additional A320 for part of the summer.

TOM ( two 757s and a visiting 767) and TCX (two 320s) are as last summer in terms of based aircraft, as are the overnighters.

I haven't heard anything about TNT.

The CEO told the consultative committee that he anticipated there would be passenger growth of 2-3% in 2012. This would build on the small increases in both 2010 and 2011.

That's about it as far as I'm aware - steady as she goes really.