PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Tell Me the US Aviation Industry is Turning
Old 24th Mar 2012, 06:12
break_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cptjns
Not when it comes to corporate or GA flying.
Absolutely~!

Back on the topic, of course the Industry "is turning" around, at least once every 2 quarters. It has to, at least according to Boeing and Airbus constant brainwashing that millions of slave drivers are needed to fly their shinny new tubes for the next couple of decades.
Otherwise, how else do you think greedy airlines Bosses and HRs could get all those dumb stupid kids to spend ridiculous amount of money (be it parents' retirement funds or having 5 jobs) for jobs that MAYBE there?

They (All the mentioned airlines who are hiring) will ALWAYS need EXPERIENCED and CHEAP pilots willing to bend backwards for everything. They all have eyed on the US downturn with thousands of pilots out of job. AND, they are greedy.. They want you to have this, that and everything and you're supposed to be eternally grateful for the EY ticket they get you to pick up 100miles at the downtown centre to fly half the globe, pay for your own accommodation for an interview that doesn't quite test anything but just for formality.

That wasn't how it was done when the Airlines truly needed pilots. First class tickets were delivered to doorstep, hotels booked for your entire stay. Nominal allowance provided for couple of meals a day and they do, respond to you in reasonable time frame of the outcome post interview.

Sunset, at least you have an alternative, go for it while it could work for you. Most of us, the lucky bunch who are gainfully employed by bunch of 10 year old mentality management flying 250million bucks fat brand new tubes in the sandpit, are pretty much stuck and will just stick it out and don't give a damn anymore.

I will quit once my alternative is sorted out and able to provide me with a reasonable lifestyle, and that, I'm lucky that I don't any dependents and should be able to do so rather soon.

Best of luck. Cheers.