PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2012, 04:23
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Africa is as safe as you make it with the flying. I do not recall any situations where I couldn't climb.
A few where I was climbing slowly... but none where I couldn't climb!
It sounds like you are trying to justify the reason you are going home. If you had a job there you would have been having the time of your life.

What is with the sense of entitlement of pilots? Just because you have a license, it doesn't mean you should be hired. Look at how many educated and qualified people are out of work throughout the world.
You have to remember how many guys are coming to see the chief pilot every day, and that he also has a job to do.
Could they be a little nicer about it? Maybe.
Should he be laying out the red carpet and making you feel good about yourself? No.

You have a very long and hard road in aviation ahead of you. I left there with 2000hrs and I wasn't welcomed with open arms to every company I applied at. Hell, I only heard back from two.

I hope you enjoyed your time in africa and at least took the opportunity to get out and see the sights while you were there. You did just have an experience that you probably would have never had if you had not got into aviation in the first place.