PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2012, 00:09
Severn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRS Summer 2012

Works
Its been a little quiet on here lately, and with Summer 2012 just around the corner surely there must be plenty to talk about.
I'll try and get the ball rolling...
Anybody able to shed any light on when the new stands currently under construction will be finished? Are they going to be in use by this summer?
Is there any other works happening airside this year regarding the masterplan? What about the Royal Mail Facility - read somewhere that there will be a TNT 737 service starting on Sun 30th 2012, any more info on this?

Summer 2012
I believe the following will be based/overnighting in BRS for summer 12:
Easy: 10-11 based ? Anyone have any more info?
Ryanair: Schedule requires 5 aircraft, anyone able to confirm if thats the number to be based?
Thomson: B757 x2 (visiting B767 twice weekly)
Thomas Cook: A320 x2
Eastern: Saab 2000
Air France: ATR-72
Brussels Airlines: ERJ-145 (operated by BMI Regional) - is this staying all summer?
KLM: F100/F70/maybe the E190?

So thats 23-24 aircraft in total. Anybody able to confirm this or have I missed any off? I make the TCX A320 the only extra based aircraft arriving for the summer. All others on the list have already been based for the Winter - RYR have parked 5 aircraft for most of the winter already, although only needing 3 for the winter schedule. This total of course doesn't take into account if Easy decide to base another aircraft or two for the height of summer.

Anything else going on? Rumors?

Last edited by Severn; 24th Mar 2012 at 00:14. Reason: added TNT query