PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jackscrew End Stop Probably Cause of AS 261 Crash
Old 8th Dec 2002, 19:19
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason I spout off on this forum about the failings of the system and the regulations is because a lot of people that control or have influence over this problem including yourself will take action. I’m 72 years old and don’t have that much time to try and change things but maybe someone else can.
Well I don't have any problem in changing the regulations if somebody puts forth a better way. I sat on some of the FAA/JAA committees to change these regulations and was confident that we were making positive progress. The membership included folks such as yourself who were selected by their employers to contribute.

If your employer did not allow you to contribute than there was always the public comment process to place your strong feelings in the record before the rule becomes law.

Anti feelings, however can not be effectively adjudicated by folks who felt that the best was already offered.

So far, in reading bewteen the lines, I suspect that we did accomodate some of your concerns.