PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 22:10
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are none of Cavertons two 139 flying out of Lagos right now, due to different technical problems etc
Hmmmm, I wonder why.....

The $85m loan almost sounds like one of those Nigerian Scams. I wonder how much will be pocketed and how much will really be for the aircraft?
Maybe that's the answer then

Meanwhile outgoing CVs from Bristow pilots are even more plentiful than empty promises from Caverton managers as pilots lose faith in the ability of senior management to put safety before commercial gain . Morale is at a new low in Port Harcourt as the company now seems to be run at the whim of hostile clients. Early indications are that only people with holes pre-drilled for control strings will be acceptable for new management positions and candidates must submit to a medical examination to confirm that all vestiges of a backbone have been removed. The management seem to have completely lost the plot and is alienating both national and expatriate pilots. The winners will be Aero and Caverton. I foresee that within two years Bristow, not Aero will be the company in decline and playing an increasingly marginalised role in the Nigerian helicopter aviation sector. As for the phoney split of the company into Bristow and PAN, does anybody really think the companies are separate and commercial competitors .

There's also the question mark over whether CHC will actually return to Nigeria.

The old guard is dying, the new future is all Nigerian and companies like Caverton and Aero have the advantage of being completely Nigerian owned and willing to do business the 'Nigerian way'.