PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 10:15
roitos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that I care, because I'm not applying anywhere, but I think your post would be so more useful and you would seem so much more professional if you just said that you lost your motivation instead of criticising everything and everyone and telling that it is boring to be in front of a radar because that is indeed exciting for other people.

Personally, I think that either you completely understood all the other people wrong or none of those 60 doing the dart are actually meant to be ATCs.
If there is one thing they tell you in the beginning of the process is that your interview and your assessment starts the moment you enter the building, so you should be as much friendly as you can and definetely get to know the other people. At least because some of them may actually be your future colleagues during training and co-workers later on.

What I interpret from that is that most people are naturally very nervous and they dont talk as much as they would in a relaxed environment. But saying they are there and all they want is to mislead you when they actually think otherwise, that is just something unthinkable if I may say. Specially because the application process is generally not a competition. Yes, they may have a specific number of openings, but if they find 3 or 4 more people perfectly suitable for the job, they will most of the times accept them or put them in one future group. It is very hard to find possible ATCos.

And as far as I can tell, the skytest or whatever it is called was definetly not a help for you, as it increased your expectations and made you stress out in the end. Things weren't going as planned, and of course, you started being stressed and noticing everything you shouldnt notice. I would say this is the real proof why not to use the preparation softwares. That and the price of them

Anyway, I wish you luck to your future career and should you want some free advice, please don't ever criticise others just because you failed because, with all due respect, that is what this post seems to me.

h&k*