PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discounted Bizjet ratings ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 03:34
FrankR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to all,

Pilotsimbrokers is one option.

A second is Flightcrews Unlimited (flightcrews.com), they are a great agency.

A third is to get to know your account rep at CAE, they can offer good deals if you can show up at the last minute.

A fourth is to get to know someone at a large 135 operator. They get the "bulk rate" and sometimes will offer you their rate if they think you won't embarrass them.

A fifth is to apply to all the departments in China (I know a few guys over there). They are taking delivery of new iron every week! They always need fresh meat for the old geezers to snarl at (joke). They have been known to pay for a type rating or two.

Finally, I'd politely like to ask you to be be somewhat introspective and make sure you really know WHY you want to fork over this kind of cash! Who will you target to hire you once you have a type? Do you fit the profile of a right seater for this type of aircraft? If you're sharp, have a type or two, and know someone who might hire you as a right seater, then by all means, go for it. If you graduated from ERAU last year and have only been a CFI in a 172 for the last year, it's a long shot, you might be better off saving your cash.

If you want any help getting an interview in China, feel free to PM me.

FR