PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 01:56
aakhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to write on behalf of my cadet fried who was entrenched in Australia in core flying. We were in the first batch of 6 cadets who went to Australia for our core flying. My friend faced problems with hand and eye coordination and was removed from core flying after just 22 hours. His parents were informed in Dubai about Alphas decision and on their request he was given another 10 hours. His slow improvements were not taken into consideration and he was then entrenched. He then had a look at his personal documents which were given to the cadets after they had finished their ground school and about to fly to Australia. He had been inducted into the programme with compass score as low as 34%. I would like to know why are cadets inducted into the programme with compass scores as low as 34% and why is this vital information kept away from cadets? Is it not the moral resposibility of Alpha to help such cadets who are unaware of their compass score and the importance of compass scores. After all Alpha must be well aware that a cadet with such low compass scores will face difficulies in flying stage. Such cadets and their families have to really suffer because they were informed by Alpha that they had cleared their selection process. This cadet got 12 out of 35 in his compass scores. According to Oxford aviation academy you need to get 28 out of 42 (67%) to pass. Those achieving a score in the high 20s can be considered to have a good chance of successfuly completing this course. I want all the supporters of Alpha to do some soul searching. Who is responsible for this hard working cadets plight ? Can Alpha give him back one and half years of his life that he has wasted?

Last edited by aakhan; 27th Mar 2012 at 17:45.