PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What 4 seater? 172SH vs PA28 warrior
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 16:03
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just read Ryan's posts here and nothing he says suggests he is going to go and kill himself.

He knows about W&B which is more than one could say about the majority of fully loaded spamcans making their way across the Channel on the average nice day.

Whether a particular plane will be within W&B with four people depends massively (pun intended) on the four people. If you weight say 80kg and you carry three Size 8 females (i.e. about the right size ) then you have a much better chance of fitting some juice in the tanks than if you pick up three teenage girls off the some council estate in N Wales

He is only flying from Kent (Headcorn or some such, I presume) to Le Touquet. He is not flying there from Trondheim.... so the return trip is well within any spamcan's capability.

Obviously he needs to be sure of his navigation (carry a GPS) and of the weather (look at the forecasts, but actually you can almost see LTQ from almost anywhere in Kent once you get airborne. Avoid very hazy days unless you are instrument capable, because (especially over the sea) you can just lose the horizon. But if you go with non-flying passengers then you want to pick good weather days anyway.

UK south coast to LTQ is a really nice really easy trip which non-flying passengers really appreciate because the place is very nice to visit. It's very good value and ticks all the boxes.