PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against the CAA and examiner
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 13:27
gpn01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookiimonstar1
Thanks for all your reply's and advice guys, I might be fighting a loosing battle but i will always stand up for myself, and i will never back down from a fight whether it is a fight in the pub or in the courts.
The trick with arguments is knowing when it's best to accept that, even if you're right, it's more prudent to not keep pushing it.

To be honest it was not just the point that me failed me over a little thing like the QNH.
So you could have actually had a completely fumbled up flight, making mistake after mistake but have decided to pursue this one element?

But when I did my CPL the examiner firstly let me fly the whole flight when there was no need to if i had already failed which cost me money and landing fees then when we landed i met him inside an he just said "Sorry you failed you had the wrong QNH set"
Firstly, the examiner provided you with an invaluable lesson. It was just a very expensive one. Secondly, maybe the examiner saw the wrong setting at the beginning but figured (as you'd have already paid for the hire of the plane, etc). that it'd be unfair to say "turn back now" and thought he'd give you the chance to prove you could do everything else right? I'm sure the flight must have provided other learning/practice opportunities for you? If you think of the exam flight as being an opprtunity to conduct the entire flight with zero input (so there's no instructor to help you out) then it's a really useful training flight...from which some people get a pass and others don't.