PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 - Lemon?
Thread: F35 - Lemon?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 13:03
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Top PR clip...

but.. I have the feeling Ive seen an aeroplane do all that before... like 40 years ago. Hawker 1127 Kestrel... forerunner of the highly succesful Harrier, Sea Harrier and AV-8.
Many billions spent re-inventing the wheel.?? Not being the version we're getting/ will get/ maybe get..eventually.

Todays announcement of 3 x F35 @ $80 mil plus equals 10 more years of the the Trabant, sorry, Holden factory to go.
Perhaps we can stem any invasion by giving them all a taxpayer funded car. Or bomb them with the older models that havent sold.

Seriously...it does look like a very nice aeroplane, and I'm sure it will be all "singing and dancing" techo as per the brochure ...BUT read the fine print, the legal disclaimers.. AND ponder the FINAL COST...if ever we are allowed to know what THAT is.!
Remember, could be coming to you soon by the authors of the Sea Sprite fiasco @1.5 bill$s for nothing !!!!. An encore ???

US defence industries are like Big Pharma...HUGELY profitable.
To share the load.....tax payers in China 1 billion plus, USof A 300 mill...and little old Oz 20 mill or less..? No contest.
I'm for talking with India who want to build 200 + PAK-TF 50s under licence.
Looks even better, and more capable than the F35 too Be cheaper!