PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 08:15
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easyJet launch flight takes place next Monday with a Press jolly to BCN, returning next day.

I used LTN when flying to CDG last weekend and there were just two aspects which I hope will prove a better pax experience at SEN. The time to get from the Mid Stay car park to the terminal was 19 minutes and I and fifty others spent an uncomfortable 20 minutes standing on the stairs down to the departure gate - quite why EZY make you do this I don't know. Otherwise the 'LTN experience' was good and some pax will find the lack of shopping at SEN a disappointment I'm sure. Returning yesterday evening it took just 12 minutes to transit the terminal and another 7 minutes to reach the car park, so no one could complain about that.

As far as other carriers being lined up for SEN this year is concerned, there doesn't seem to be much definite news on that, but they've really got enough to be getting on with. It's a pity that SEN didn't have an official delegation at French Connect as there was a lot of interest in SEN among those attending and copies of the SEN brochure were in demand with airlines and airports alike. Most people there did seem to view SEN as a new airport to serve London. Assuming the industry is in reasonable shape next year I think we shall see more airlines and routes for 2013.