PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 05:18
justmichelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyguy87

erm. here's what i experienced and what i observed.. On CV submission day, it's important to be there earlier than the given time, sit at the front row, mix around with new people, remember to smile all the time and be friendly. The recruiters normally came in on time and remember to greet them with a smile and listen for instructions. At that time, they'll paste some notice on the board asking everyone to read for those who get the calls. As everyone rushes to read those, i waited patiently at my place and when the crowd is lesser I only walk and read it slowly. This is better as u can absorb all informations better. And please follow the instructions on the notice board, very important!

After I get the call, they asked to bring a pen and be there on time. As usual, get there early and make friends around (Don't be over friendly). Sometimes, you 'll meet people which you think they have better qualities than you, don't feel sad, instead see whatever you can learn from them. you might meet ppl who is nervous, be supportive and tell them they can do it as well. =)

The essay was to write about ''the ugly moment in your workplace, and state how you solves it'' . Don't write too much, be short and simple, the writting can actually see your personality. I was kinda sad as i feel that i didn't really do well on the Q&A session, i feel it's quite tough (oh ya, 1st session of Q&A is about the company background which they'll brief in the presentation, must take note!!*).. The recruiters tell us that they did observed us from day 1, so every steps you take and every moves they saw it! I did ask one questions after they present, ''no question is a stupid question'' , ask something (pls do not ask about the boeing or airbus, the pay etc, i guessed this annoyed them, those experienced cc asked those, none of them get into the next round) to get their attention. The question i asked was silly but effective, everyone laughed, so I guess i succeed LOL. And please show that you are interested in working with them during the presentation, your actions shows your compassionate =)

then it was the group discussion, teamwork, volunteering is important. Most importantly have fun!!

final interview was really very casual, they asked question based on what you filled in at the application form. I was quite nervous then, and the recruiters are kind to ask me stay relax, so I asked if i'm allowed to lean on the chair. Just treat it as talking with some old friend and smile. I chooses to become the last for the FI, there's are much advantage to be the last but rather risky. My photo wasn't qualified so I need to retake and everything was kinda rush, being the last actually gave me just enough time. Besides, being the last you are more able to chat with the recruiters such as ''have u all eaten?" (they should be rather hungry after interviewed everyone). "when are u all leaving?" (just to calculate the time it takes to hand in all applications to Doha''..

guess that's all.. sorry for writing an essay