PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pacific Blue infringement in NZQN?
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 03:05
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sand dune sam........your post is obviously directed at me ,so I shall respond....I too agree with your sentiment ,and yr reasoning.....my point was to emphasize,that there is sometimes a very fine line between legality and infringement when sitting at the end of the runway.......and to suggest that I would encourage anyone to "give it a go" and "see what happens" is ludicrist !!!......I have personal experience at this airport in those conditions(many years ago) and this is not the first time this has been a point of contention............you,being a pilot with 27 yrs tells me otherwise.....like yourself,I spend a lot of time in different countries,different airports etc etc,not to bore you or others........we are always being confronted with "a situations"...and yes ...as you stated ,one must make credible and proper decisions,....but this situation smacks of making "an example" of a crew,where the CAA,The Airline,and any body else that has a gripe.....can hang the Captain................Im all in favour of following the rules,my F/O,s reckon Im anal on that...its what protects us..the SOP,s..u wont find a greater advocate......tin plateing oneself(your term) only goes so far,,...we are paid to do a job,and makes decisions.....and make decisions that are safe,and by the rules.....that we agree.....I have been there,....and I in no way advocate,compromising safety r SOP,s......I do not believe this Captain did.....but then again we will find out

Last edited by pakeha-boy; 22nd Mar 2012 at 22:04.