PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde rudder problem
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2002, 09:02
Ailing Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concorde safe to fly????

I know that statistically speaking, unless your a rock star, film star or multi millionaire etc your more likely to be killed or injured by a Concorde (or a piece of it!) falling on you than being in one if it crashes, but...
I found this thread over on Airmech (a bulletin board for aircraft engineers). Its an old one started last august but still running.
Its mostly Concorde engineers contributing.
At the beginning their enthusiasm for working on ithem is quite evident and refreshing, but midway through this thread they were put through some sort of managment restructuring or reorganisation. The nose dive in morale is quite clear to be seen. On the second page they complain that since this reorganisation they no longer have the right standard of equipment to do the job properly, they even mention "the crap equipment used to access the rudders", its interesting to note that these are the bits that fall off, and these guys don't have proper equipment to inspect them!
The threads here
http://www.airmech.co.uk/ubb/ultimat...;f=39;t=000281

Their moans don't appear to be the standard BA anti management diatribes that appear on the other BA forums, just exaspiration. (No I don't work there)