PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2012, 16:03
Razorduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"AFPS05 is too good to be true"

A comment I wished I'd taken notice of! When 05 was coming in I was approaching 40 and 22 years service and not sure if I wanted to stay in the mob or not. Sitting firmly on the fence AFPS05 pushed me off onto the side of staying in. In my view, and that of many others, the new pension was designed to get people to commit to the service till age 55, rewarding them with a hansome pension for doing so. I was happy to commit to the service, I saw it as a fair deal. I'll stay till 55 and you make it worth while. Others who were unsure about this committment, rightly so, remained on AFPS75. If the recent DIN is correct, and assuming I have got this right, those that committed to the service and transferred to 05 will be worse of under FAFPS than those who stayed on 75. It appears that loyalty counts for nothing. I must be getting synical in my old age and unfortunately I have 11 years to do For those that stayed on 75 the difference in my case is approximately 3k a year and 10k on the gratuity I still live in hope that this dicrepency will be rectified, please don't laugh