PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Engineering Apprenticeship
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2012, 13:18
eshlon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Apprenticeship

To all those who made the pessimistic comments on here, all of your comments had/have merit.

Rewind a couple of years, knowing what I know now, would I do an apprenticeship with this company? No.

Best thing about this place are the people on the tools, and even then...! The pay is only good if you are a LAME - which in this current day, wont happen - staff travel is absolutely ****! and so are those nazi's at the Sydney Int standby check-in (i've only met 1 exception in all the times I flew). You are never guaranteed a seat, compared to our competitors (domestic and int'l), who get guaranteed seats! The grounding and redundancies are representative of the type of change the managers are putting through, and the lengths at which they will go to enforce them.

I can't recall any positives other than working with a couple of the best blokes ever; working on planes (a passion eventually made sour because of this company); getting paid.

I highly suggest the RAAF! In lieu of that, anything else! Hindsight hey! What a pr*ck of a thing.