PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Cormorant & Cyclone thread
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2012, 13:18
Corax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S92 Legacy of Heroes tour:

So I've been reading all the media coverage of the S92 Legacy of Heroes tour and can't help but wonder if they really believe that the S92 is such a great machine for our military heroes as depicted on the camouflage paint scheme of the aircraft. As a Canadian and former Sea King driver I can't help but think why would they not just put that effort and those funds in completing their commitment to the CH148 Cyclone and damn well deliver on their agreement.

In one of the articles the president of Sikorky presented a strong picture of the company’s succesful history and recent achievements. While I do not begrudge those achievements I find it appaling how Sikorsky has handled the contract to provide Canada’s brave men and women with the agreed upon CH148 Cyclone. Their handling of this contract is nothing short of shameful particularly for a military that has been flying their product since 1963 in the CH124 Sea King.

It will be 50 years for the Sea King in 2013 and sadly Sikorsky will barely be starting their deliveries of a watered down version of the product they contractually agreed to deliver. It is an affront to Canadians and I believe that Sikorsky is better than that. They are obviously aware of their failing since I have yet to see Canada on their S92 Legacy of Heroes tour. I believe they should man up and make amends to our government and our military.

I’m a fan of Sikosky helicopters but this contract is a true black mark on this proud company. Sadly as far as the Canadian military is concerned this should be titled the Legacy of Apathy tour.

Fire away Nick.