PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against the CAA and examiner
Old 21st Mar 2012, 13:09
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one is really quite sad. I can't argue on the basis of only hearing one side of the story but something is up when the examiner tells you everything was perfect but you need to fly a whole test again because you had the wrong QNH set. If you failed section 1 then he should have told you immediately. Crappy debrief or mistake I don't know but that's going to cost someone more than 1grand so it needs to be thought about very carefully.

It does underline the fact that we have no recourse with the CAA if they or one of their appointed officers acts inappropriately. Why do we have to take it to court before we get to have our complaint heard by an independent body?

I think it's a shame that a guy with what seems like a reasonable complaint needs to sue. Good luck to you, I hope you get the correct result but sadly it will definitely result in the CAA behaving prejudicially difficult with you because they want to make sure that they fall within the rules (and probably to remind you who the boss is). So if your IR is taking longer than 14 days to come back then that's why and there's nothing you can do to stop it .

I would suggest using the same day counter for everything else from now and never let on that you sued for that, ever.