PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big brother is watching................
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2012, 10:25
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
And whilst I don't want to aggravate either of us, if you read your reply to my comment in one of my earlier posts, you asked me on what authority I had decided that it was inappropriate to complete a GAR form when arriving at a hotel. The inference being that there was some authority that required me to do it - and you've now agreed that there isn't. Thanks.
Not quite.
I think you will find that I have never said you are required to complete a GAR at a hotel, either by 'an authority' or the hotel itself and it cannot be inferred. (see below quotation)

As for the previous post you refer to;
I've also been asked to complete a GAR form for a visit I'm making in July to a hotel. I've politely refused on the basis that the form is completely inappropriate.
And under what authority have you decided that? Obviously you think you are an authority on national security in the run up to the Olympics, so tell us what your plan would be!
All I am simply asking is, what makes you 'an authority' to decide what you are being asked is appropriate or not?

Going back to post number 1,
Today I landed at a hotel I regularly visit in Preston, Lancashire and on arrival I was asked to provide my full name and basic details of my flight as was my friend who also landed in his aircraft.
What is wrong with that?
When you queried this, if the hotel said it was for their own movement records, would that have been ok? And out of interest, what was the other inappropriate information the other hotel asked for? Perhaps we will all agree that they were asking for too much info.