PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against the CAA and examiner
Old 21st Mar 2012, 08:31
cookiimonstar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Legal action against the CAA and examiner

I took a CPL skills test, and failed it as the examiner said i flew the flight with the wrong QNH set, the examiner said i had 1023 set when i should have had 1024 set! I appeal the result with the CAA and got a free Re-test (which I passed!) my appeal was successfully because I argued that the millibars are so small, depending where you sit in the cockpit it can look like you have different QNH's set.

The problem is the original fail still stands as the CAA can not alter the result of the test (which i am so Pis*** of about!).

So 2 months ago I began Civil proceedings against the CAA and a separate case against the examiner himself, claiming re-reimbursable for the Aircraft hire for the 2 test, Loss of earnings and Defamation of Character.

My sister is a Barrister, so I don't have to worry about legal fees so i think it is worth perusing.

Just over a month ago i sent my license to the CAA to have my IR added to it (36 days today) and they have not sent it back! i keep phone them an all they say is that it is with a Licensing officer! and that it is being processed!

Anyone recently applied for a CPL/IR who can tell me how long it is currently taking? as i think they just taking there time because i'm suing them!