PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 to 1500 hours? How are you going to do it?
Old 20th Mar 2012, 17:35
ChriSat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a good idea in my opinion. Why doesn’t the FAA expand the CPL/IR syllabus, make the IRT/ CPL Skills test longer and more difficult, or even extend the TR course and base training. Upping the hours requirement isn't necessarily going to weed out the bad pilots, and I would argue after 1,200 extra unsupervised single pilot operations, one’s airmanship and piloting skills would probably be worse, and less “mouldable” for progression onto heavy metal.

I seriously hope this isn't something EASA are contemplating implementing in the future, by feeling they have to keep up with the FAA... and if they do there should definitely be some kind of grandfather rights for ME-CPL/IR's that have done their MCC or otherwise all my training will have been done under false pretences.

Although looking at it realistically it is highly unlikely, even if they did want to create such a law here in EASA land, it would probably take 10 years of rubber stamping to be put through. As others have said this might be potentially be achievable in FAA land but not here.