PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 23:44
FB11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wise words indeed. Using the logic of hindsight, we should for example really have been flying F-15 and F-16 for the last 4 decades. But we always buy British even when logic (for that read capability) suggests otherwise. Hence Jaguar; GR1 and F2 Tornado.

Apparently, in order to beat the dead horse it's best to lean against the stable door you closed after it bolted. You get lots more leverage.

I hope that the PM's focus during his decision making process is on the 2 projects - both in large part driven by the beast that is BAE Systems - of aircraft and carrier in an objective way.

We are commited to F-35 and we are building 2 carriers - many 1000's of UK high-tech workers are way more important than what any of the kit actually does in some eyes.

We are buying 50 years worth of capability yet making decisions that are focussed only for the next 2-4 years.

I do find it ironic that the aircraft are twice the cost of the carriers - and rising - so the response when the carrier cost goes up is to switch to the yet more expensive variant of the aircraft. But it's OK, the sums in the 2-4 year period (at least the sums out there today - watch this space) favour the reversion to the B.

Now, step back...I need to take a run up so I can give the hind quarters a really good kick...and close that stable door for goodness sakes...

Last edited by FB11; 19th Mar 2012 at 23:45. Reason: spolling