PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust reduction altitude
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 21:55
Citation2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand you would put Max thrust when the engine fails but for a second you were in the second segment without take off thrust.

Legally speaking and not talking about aircraft capability.Is it correct to set climb thrust before Flaps retraction Altitude which corresponds to the 3rd segment.

If the runway analysis is based on a Flap retraction Altitude of 1000 AGL it means that it assumed take off thrust until 1000.

Therefore all weight limitations and assumed temperature given for the condition of the day, which satisifies the 2nd segment requirement ( 2.4% gradient gross , obstacle clearance etc..) assumes Take off thrust until you reach 1000

Now if you reduce thrust before 1000 maybe the assumed or flex temperature given on the chart or the take off weight , are not valid anymore since you are in climb thrust in the second segment . So not respecting one condition for which all the datas are calculated for.

My point of view is that if the charts are based on 1000 AGL weight penalties or assumed temperature are going to be so and so. if based on 800 agl assumed temperature going to be lower because you would have to clear the same obstacles with a shorter time in take off thrust , so you need more power and then a lower assumed temp.

Am I correct?
So again , is it correct to set clmb thrust at 800 when the flaps retraction altitude on take off performance chart is 1000 ?