PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond S92 for Stavanger?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 17:38
Horror box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jemax - sorry but I cannot see what exactly that clarifies, except that World Helicopters has ownership of Bond an Inaer, which is not news. NHS are still an independent start-up with a Norwegian AOC receiving support from Bond as I see it. What this support entails and how close the relationship is to Bond is yet to be seen. I suspect NHS started a couple of years ago by a group of Norwegians who had experience from the offshore sector in Norway, but struggled to get the funds together and logisitc support required to make it happen on their own. They first appeared nearly 3 years ago, but never managed to get off the ground. Now they have a backing from Bond, which may well provide crews, technicians and aircraft if and when needed. Bond get a foot into Norway, NHS get off the ground, although they have sold their soul to the devil. Classic mafia tactic really!
Just because World Helicopters are the owners behind Bond, it does not mean they will be making the operational decisions. At present there is no indication that NHS has anything directly to do with World Helicopters, other than a partnership with a company owned by them.