PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 19th Mar 2012, 10:52
Alexrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that is contrary to what my above quote from the RAF website says, as it implies that as long as I am a British citizen, have a parent who is a British citizen, and have studied in a Commonwealth country, then I am eligible to apply to the RAF. Clearly there is a contradiction, and either the statement above is correct or the statement made by OneFifty is correct. If OneFifty is correct then it would have been nice of the RAF to actually give correct requirements on their website instead of stringing people along with a false sense of security.

I know that this plays no role in the ability for me to be considered a vaild applicant or not, as that is clearly a bureaucratic decision, but my family have been a part of HM forces for quite a while. My great grandfather fought in the Battle of Jutland as a young man and eventually ended his naval career as a Rear Admiral whereas my grandfather, who was awarded the sword of honour at Sandhurst during his officer training, fought in WWII as a Major General. I definitely don't see myself as a risky choice, but I know that rules are rules and if you're seen as a "risk" by bureaucratic standards, then you are seen as a risk outright and there is little to nothing that can be done to change that view.