PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 03:17
frigatebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rioncentu
re - Fraser 73/74 #9410

That is my paint scheme ( white with the blue line continued up the rear of the rudder a-la 'scorpion' stinger, taken from the '68 Cessna 206 style to make the company flagship look better....modern even....), but without the company logos. Ken Hale, Whitakers truck spraypainter and I applied it when Bevan took the '59 Skylane in trade from Peter Bambling on some trucks and tractors.
Can't tell if the fellow with the long socks getting the gear out of the locker is me or not.., by that time Bevan had a B.36, FWZ, but I was still doing some part time work in the Skylane as well, using it for charters on our licence. (Didn't like putting the 36 on the beach, as it got sand in the up-lock rollers, - along with other things. Later, after he had traded the 36 on a B.55, he got a Cherokee 6, PYD, to do the Island beach landing work, and another young pilot named Don to fly it.) Sid Melksham, from Eurong, bought it off Bevan and later painted a palm tree on the tail when he got his own licence. He later sold it to Sel Hewitt who used it on his own licence for Fraser work.
She did a lot of beach landing that old girl (but back then she was only 15 or 20 years young).
Can't quite pick the strip of the Cessna photo, could be Rainbow Beach at Inskip, doesn't look like Bogimba or Happy Vally, or could even be Orchid Beach - but we were generally banned from Orchid Beach because of IslandAir/UnionAir being the opposition, but the next one of the 6 is at Orchid Beach for sure.

This is how she ended up when she was too corroded to fly any more....

Last edited by frigatebird; 19th Mar 2012 at 08:37.