PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News from Mother Russia
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2012, 23:02
TisnTat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern design & capabilities in the western world ;-))

Hi there,
just curious about different eastern designs, as i´m not in aviation!

Being fascinated by aviation from my youth on and never been able to get there i´m still in love with it. When i have a look at the russian Heli´s and fixed wings i feel an unusual kind of safety.Does it come only because of my age ( and my love to old aircrafts) or am i right, that these machines are more rugged and reliable? Probably not advisably to the cost of economy!

As aformer camera operator i had been at Aigen, Austria 2002, taping all the stuff and it was fantastic for me!!! Much better than taping the floods around Vienna before and get real wet up to your hips !

So my two little questions: Are there operators of the Ka 226T somewhere in the West? I know that the bigger brother Ka 32 is operated in Switzerland. I´m just fascinated with it´s utility. Would it be operational in our world? I mean the Ka 226T!

Next one is the Su-80! Could it be changed to western standards? Why only 8 functional aircrafts? I love the back ramp and i can´t see an alternative plane with the same usability for short haul and passengers.

This is just my amateur view, please excuse me

Yours, Rainer