PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2012, 10:11
Barling Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello LTNman. I'm not having a laugh, old chum. The fare is cheaper and the journey time only five minutes longer. Facilities for passengers at SEN's new terminal are fine for transit from rail station or car park through security to the aircraft. There's sufficient shopping and food and drink to meet basic needs - it's an airport after all, not a shopping centre. SEN is never going to be anything more than a small airport with niche services alongside the usual LoCo bucket and spade routes; it's no threat to LTN or STN or LGW. Why be so negative about it? Why not celebrate some new investment in aviation in these troubled times? I'm certainly pleased that LTN is going to see major new investment. We're all in this together, as a certain multi-millionaire, old Etonian man of the people says.

No problem with the catchment area, by the way. The immediate catchment is 300,000 and there's over a million people within half an hour's travel time so no worries there.

Southend United pressing for promotion to League One - how are Luton Town doing....? (Below the belt, I know!)