PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2012, 08:54
La Amistad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People need to digest what’s been said here and not believe the CTC spin. While the hold pool may be "empty" at the moment (despite there being people in it!!!!) it’s about to fill up again as the contract FO's used for summer 2012 will be returned to CTC at the end of summer and therefore back into the hold pool. They will probably be taken on again in summer 2013 when I bet the time to full time contract starts ticking from the start!

At EZY Commands are slowing down. Growth has stalled. There are rumours of things to come which may stop real term expansion in pilot numbers for a few years. Do not believe all that CTC tell you. Listen to what’s being said on here. It’s all good honest stuff.

Well apart from what Razor said about Capt’s/BALPA having no interest in defending cadets. Everything else he said was correct apart from that! To be honest razor it’s that attitude which p***es off a lot of skippers. Many will strike tomorrow to defend them and increase their terms and conditions. To get them in as permanent FO's. If BALPA could call a strike over it legally they would. We are hamstrung by UK legislation. At no point have they stated they do not care about flexiscrew contracts. Quite the opposite.
If people would stop signing these stupid contracts it would change. You cannot arrive at the airline now and blame Capts for this. That’s ridiculous. They knew/know the score. If you don’t its your own bloody fault. You cannot blame Capts for this. Its supply and demand. While lemmings keep throwing themselves at it then it will never change no matter how hard BALPA fight.

I suggest you blame BALPA and Capt’s less and market forces (or the people taking these contracts). Razor, when you started you will have been well aware of the situation. So you signed up knowing the score. How can you blame us for the predicament you placed yourself in???? It’s your attitude that makes Capts think, well sod you then. That attitude is starting to bubble up somewhat and is brought about by people like you. I would still strike to protect flexiscrew tomorrow if we could.

I suggest you turn your frustration towards the real source of the problem not your colleagues. As you probably can tell you have irked me somewhat....!!!!