PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian media reporting RNoAF Hercules missing
Old 18th Mar 2012, 00:43
spitfiremk9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a terrible accident.

My thoughts goes to the crew`s families. Surely they all must suffer from their loss of a family member.

There are a lot of speculations through this tread. Its only natural, because we all want to know what happend.

In my mind, I would like to rise a few questions.

What where this aircraft doing there? They new where they where going. That mission was approved by a squadron leader. or their leading officer. They had been going through the route before the flight
Did they follow a low level route and became lost and choose the wrong wally?
A Jas Gripen pilot stated that he flew in the same area just after the C130 contact was lost, and he could see the mountain peaks was in the clouds. I know that the landscape can change totally when low clouds covers mountain tops and side wallys.
Could the crew of the C-130 have flown into a wally, thinking this was initially the right place, but in the last second to realize that they where not, and immediately executed a climb? Having realized that the only way out of this wally was to climb?
I would assume that an aircraft with so powerful engines and without any load, would be able to climb like an elevator? Did they initiate the climb too late?
Where there problems with the aircraft? Engine failures. of some sort perhaps, No radio com`s states that there might have been one.
Fact is that nearby people have heard a load bang at the time, when contact of Siw was lost.
Fact is they have hit the mountain peak at great speed, due to the spread of the wreckage, and parts, and the size of the wreckage parts as well.
Will they be able to locate the CVR, and FDR? Since no ELT was set off, was the impact so high, that everything was smashed to atoms?
The impact relased an avalange and the following storm have erased the tracks in wich angle the plane have hit the mountain side.
Unless they locate a fully working FDR and or CVR, we will never know for sure what really happen.

My deepest condolences goes the families, and may your loved ones rest in peace.

sincerly...