PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Falklands' Most Daring Raid'
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 23:57
Marcantilan

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi,

Re: Soviet subs.

Last year, the Boletin del Centro Naval (sort of Argentine Proceedings) published an article I wrote, about Soviets involvement in the war.

The article is here: http://centronaval.org.ar/boletin/BC...S-SCIARONI.pdf and a rough translation is here: Soviets in Falklands / Malvinas

It looks like some Soviet subs were in the Ops area.

What does POSSUB HIGH 4 mean to the regulars here ? Followed by a MK46 Launch in snake search mode. Target tracked making an evasion course at 22kts and deploying decoys. No whale and no 209.
Hello, do you have any other details???

Two friends of mine, S-2E Tracker commanders, attacked (dropped a Mk.44 each) against a subsurface contact on May 5, 1982, near the Argentine carrier. The contact was sighted firstly visual / radar and later corroborated by sonar and on 9 MAD runs. Contact evaded. The scene commander classified it as PROBSUB confidence 1 and on the debrief was lowered to POSSUB confidence 3. No brit sub was there...

Navaleye
have you been reading this by Marcantilian?

Falklands "What if...?" - Page 9 - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums
I wrote that article with all public domain sources. And I was wrong when pointing to Splendid. She was not there and developed some mechanical problems shortly after.

I don´t want to explain further in this topic (don´t want to drift off topic), but if someone want to open a new one about ASW ops on 1982, I will join ASAP.

Re BB1, sometime ago a poster in "Zona Militar" made this diagram about bomb it:

Source: Operacion "Black Buck" | Página 3 | Foros Zona Militar

It could be considered accurate?

Regards!

Last edited by Marcantilan; 18th Mar 2012 at 00:45.