PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 22:14
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I need to say that I have no time for racism and some of the comments on this thread have been at best unpleasant. That said this thread, as has been stated, is about experience or rather the lack of it with the majority of replies reflecting that.

Primed

Your comments about IQ and maths would suggest you do pretty well in both areas. Sadly though in my opinion your analysis that these attributes will make for a good pilot are fundamentally wrong. The RAF would also agree with me. I was an instructor with the RAF and I remember one of my students who was chopped happened to be a maths grad with a Mensa IQ. One of the reasons for his departure was over confidence! High IQ and great maths ability does not = good pilot material just as having no degree and an average IQ does not = poor pilot material. Your comments on the subject combined with your lack of experience would suggest that you also are quite possibly over confident. That makes for a lethal mix and thus the fact that you feel somehow ready and deserving of a seat on the flt deck of any size pax jet fills me with real concern.

shivamjoshi

[QUOTEIndians have the propensity to work for lesser wages[/QUOTE]

If you think that is acceptable then you betray yourself and other indians.

Would you put your family on a pax jet if the CN said on his welcoming address “All the other pilots in this airline get paid more than me but as an Indian I do not feel that I am worth what they are being paid”? By the way we do have Indians on the flt deck in CX already do you think they should take a pay cut because they are Indian?

The difference between you and those that have already joined on the icadet scheme is that you believe you deserve less than your British/Aussie/NZ/HK/etc counterparts. They on the other hand have accepted their lower conditions of service, but when talking to them it is obvious they do not believe they are worth less.

They like you are being exploited by CX. Unlike the vast majority of them however, you seem to believe that is fair.