PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATCOs earning £800,000 two years ago! Anything changed?
Old 17th Mar 2012, 21:12
Phalconphixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little bit of thread drift, but in view of the fact that the OP has disappeared off the face of the earth, thus confirming my original suspicion that he is either a sick journo or someone just trying to stir the pot with a known inflammatory subject...

pablo... I totally agree with you...

Spanish ATS (Air Traffic Services) can be a pain, but rather than pointing to the individuals that provide the service, why don't you care to look a bit further up the chain-of-command?

I'm not here to defend anyone, and I have been at the receiving end many times and I don't wear their shirt, but I'm pretty sure if an ATCO makes a mess because for a moment he/she decided to think outside the box and give a guy a direct or whatever, the rainfall of defecal matter from management could be of astronomic proportions (any of the guys here correct me if I'm wrong).

I think the company culture and mostly management are to blame for the lack of efficiency of AENA, not the individuals.

Same goes for most public services, government, etc... although sometimes I think maybe we Spaniards are to blame for allowing it to be like that.

btw... I read in this thread somewhere that the average salary in Spain is 2300€/month, that may be the statistical average, but the "normal" salary for a normal worker is 800-1000€/month, and cost of life and taxes are not much lower than the rest of Europe.
This is so true... for those who may be interested and for the benefit of others so quick to decry the efforts of the Spanish people, two links which demonstrate just what the youth of today is up against...

1,000 euros a month? Dream on

The frustration of young Spain | In english | EL PAÍS

These people are Spain's future.

pp