PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barbados LCC Red-Jet goes to the grave
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 20:10
Loerie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedJet

There was some print in some Newspapers (may have been in Trinidad) that RedJet were having some difficulties with the authorities in Barbados regarding routes.
I would think that Caribbean Airlines are somewhat relieved.
Last time I got e-mail from RedJet their fares were really reasonable and one would think that they required lots of volume to stay afloat or in the air or whatever.
I sincerely hope that they get going again---from what I read it looks like a tempoary closure until they can find some funding?
Airfares in the Caribbean are ridiculously high and force West Indians and all others living in the region to curtail or cancel any idea of visiting family or friends on neighboring Islands and on some routes there is pretty-much no choice at all.....Seems that as soon as something gets going well down here it get batted out of the air or whatever medium its operating in.
They have been a breath of fresh air and even sadder is the fact that so many will now be out of work,hopefully only temporarily,until they can get going again........and the economies are not exactly booming in de Islands...work is scarce.