PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Falklands' Most Daring Raid'
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 18:50
Marcantilan

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, documenting my previous posts.

Regarding Argentine intelligence about plane departing from Ascension Island.

Look at # 515 (this is I Mech Br war diary. The Br was operating in the coastline, protecting Santa Cruz): Yellow alert, two Vulcans departed from Ascension island 290300May82, received from BAM (Military Air Base, San Julian in this case) And this is just one example.

Regarding previous knowledge of Shrike using. AAF operators trained since the beginning for anti radar procedures (also they developed a switch to turn off the radar from outside it). They "sensed" that Shrike will be given by US, but they think Harrier gr.3 will be the platform of choice.

On BB5, "certain" signals were obtained, and the TPS-43F radar was shut down several times, complicating the Vulcan target aquisition and, finally, just one of the missiles was a near miss (or a near hit?). The story was told by Mj Silva on his book about the radar (Diario de guerra del Radar Malvinas, Editorial Dunken, Buenos Aires, 2007 - I have my signed copy here)

About reydelcastillo, yes, he was there and he is who is claiming. I could assure that.

Regards!